Here’re Some Tips You Must Follow To Keep Digestive System Healthy:
1) Drink Adequate Amount Of Water- Drinking plenty of water will keep you hydrated throughout the day and also keep your gut environment healthy. The body utilises water to push the digestive waste out of the system. The body needs to remain hydrated to keep bloating and constipation at bay. Prefer lukewarm water or at room temperature over chilled water.
2) Probiotics – Probiotics carry healthy bacteria and yeast that can rejuvenate the digestive system. Probiotics like yogurt, curd, buttermilk, pickles & fermented food are good for gut health.
3) Fibre-Rich Foods- Many health experts recommend fibre-rich foods like nuts, fruits, whole grains, vegetables & legumes because dietary fibres ensure the gastrointestinal tract works properly. Fibres also help in smooth bowel movement.
4) Chew Food Properly- You may have heard elders often stating the importance of chewing food properly. Eat your food slowly and make sure you chew it properly. This helps your digestive system break down the nutrients for further processing.
5) Exercise Regularly- Exercising regularly helps the body remain fit and deal with stress that can have a negative impact on digestion. So, exercise daily. Make it a point you walk for 30 to 45 minutes daily.
6) Include Green Tea – Green tea is a powerful antioxidant that helps decrease inflammation and detox the body. It also helps with metabolism.
7) Limit Foods That Are High In Fat – In general, fatty foods tend to slow down the digestive process, making you more prone to constipation.
8) Skip The Bad Habits- Alcohol, Cigarettes & too much coffee or tea can interfere with functioning of you digestive system & lead to problems like heartburn & ulcers.
9) Manage Stress- Too much stress or anxiety can cause your digestive system to go into overdrive. Find stress-reducing activities that you enjoy & practice them on regular basis.
10) Maintain Discipline- Despite the fast-paced world we live in, we must stick to preset meal timings. Whatever the lunch or dinner timings are, we should make sure to have food at that time only. Random eating is a sure invitation to digestion problems.